iPhone users definitely have the option of downloading apps from their app store. However, sometimes you might want to install an app that is not available in the Apple App Store. So, in that case, you might think that you can install the app by downloading the APK file and installing it on your iPhone.
But, the iOS platform doesn’t allow users to install APK files like Android, so it might seem that installing APK files on your iPhone is actually impossible.
However, in this article, we have shared the simplest way on how to download APK on iPhone and how you can install it on your device.
Easiest Way On How To Download APK On iPhone: The Best Possible Way
If you use both an Android phone and iPhone and for some reason, you are not able to download an APK file on your Android device, then you can download that APK on your iPhone. After that, you can easily transfer it to your Android device when you need it. Here is how you can download APK on your iPhone.
- First, you need to open the Safari web browser on your iPhone and then visit the website from where you want to download the APK file. APK Pure and APK Mirror are two of the most popular APK websites.
- Now, just find the APK file on those websites and tap the Download button. And then click on Download on the iOS alert.
- After that, the APK file will immediately start downloading on your device. You can click on the small download arrow in Safari’s address bar and tap Downloads to find the ongoing APK download.
- Then, you can tap the APK file from the Downloads list in Safari and click on the share button to send the APK file or open it in some specific app.
- Now, you can find the recently downloaded APK file in the Downloads folder on your iPhone.
Why You Need To Download APK Files On iPhone
Google Play Store, Amazon App Store, and Mi Store are some of the best official safe places to download apps on your Android device, and if you are an iPhone user, then Apple App Store is there for you.
And Apple App Store has around 3.59 million apps and games make up 21.8% of the Apple App Store. However, there can be some apps that are not available in the official app stores, then you need to download and install the APK files of those apps.
Also, the official updates of some apps might take time to release on the respective app stores. However, you can easily download their updated APK file from the official website earlier.
But, there is generally no use of APK on iPhone for a regular user, because APK is an Android package file format that is utilized by the Android OS to distribute and install apps.
And Android and iOS are completely different and non-compatible operating systems by two separate companies and there is no interworking between them.
Also, Apple has always been a company that really values security and privacy. So, if you just want to download and store APKs on your iPhone, then the above method would help you.
However, if you want to install it on your iOS device, then here we have given you two methods to do it.
How You Can Install APK On iPhone Without Jailbreak
Jailbreaking a phone, particularly iPhone, is a process to modify a phone just to enjoy unrestricted access to file systems that are not actually supported by the phone in its default state. However, there are several ways to install APK on iPhone without jailbreak and we have shared two of them here.
1. Using Cydia Impactor On Your iOS Device
There are a lot of reasons why people generally want to jailbreak their iPhones. And the most common reason is that jailbreaking will provide them with the ability to install custom apps, which couldn’t be used normally on the device.
And the best way to install APK files on your iPhone without jailbreaking is by going for the IPA version of the file. You need to follow these simple steps to complete the process.
- First, download the IPA version of the APK file that you want to download.
- Now, you need to download and install another app, called Cydia Impactor. Because without this app, you could not be able to sign in to your Apple account to use the downloaded IPA file. So, make sure to download and install Cydia Impactor.
- Then, you need to connect your iOS device to a Windows or MAC device.
- Next, you need to launch the downloaded Cydia Impactor app and paste the already downloaded IPA file into it, which is the iOS equivalent of the APK file that you need to download.
- After that, you need to re-sign your Apple ID by entering your Apple ID and password. Then tap on the ID to begin the installation process of the IPA file and wait for the installation process to finish.
2. Use Android Emulators
Android emulators are generally used for converting any other device into a working android device. And the most famous Android emulators are iAndroid and Bluestacks Android Emulators.
However, there are some basic requirements that your iOS device needs for running an android emulator in an iOS.
To run an android emulator, your iOS device must have a 64-bit processor, an updated SDK Manager, and a pre-installed Cydia. Here is the step-by-step guide to installing an Android Emulator on an iOS device.
- First, you need to click on the Manage option in the Bottom Bar of the Cydia and you will find three options on the screen: Package, Sources, and Storage.
- Now click on the Sources option.
- Then, you need to find http://apt.modmyi.com and add this source to your iOS device.
- After that, it will appear on your phone as other apps, now open it and search for iAndroid.
- Finally, just install the iAndroid app to enjoy your iOS as an android.
Opening An APK File On iOS Device
You can’t directly open an APK file on your iOS device. Because it is impossible as APK files are not designed to be used on iPhone operating systems. So, if you want to open an APK file on your iOS device, then you would have to use an indirect approach.
- It first requires you to download an IPA (iOS App Store Package) version of the APK file that you want to download.
- After that, you need to download and install Cydia Impactor from your App store on your iOS device.
- Then, with Cydia Impactor, you would be able to install and open the APK file or its IPA equivalent on your iOS device.
Wrap Up On How To Download APK On iPhone
After purchasing an iPhone, a lot of people sometimes get disappointed knowing that they couldn’t simply download and install the APK files of the apps they wanted. However, after some research, we have found these straightforward ways to do this.
And we have also found that the Cydia Impactor method is the easiest and safest way to install APK on iOS. It can really help you when you found an interesting app or game that isn’t available on the App Store.
We hope that our detailed tutorial has helped you to find out how to download APK on iPhone. And if you need any suggestions or guidance on installing APK on iOS, then please let us know in the comments below.
FAQ: How To Download APK On iPhone
Many people are looking to download APK files on their iOS gadgets, but they are finding it really difficult to download them directly on their iOS devices. So, they are asking a lot of questions and we have answered a few of them here.
Q1. Is APKPure Safe For iOS?
Ans: APKPure is definitely not an official app store, so its usage can be risky at times. Because in some cases, APKPure contained malicious apps. However, if you can stay cautious and always double-check what you are downloading, then it is relatively safe to use APKPure.
Q2. Is It Risky To Download APK?
Ans: APK downloads are generally safe as long as you get them from a trusted source. And a trustworthy and reliable app store will provide you with a safer and better overall user experience, however, the choice is definitely yours.
Q3. Are iPhone Apps Safer Than Android?
Ans: According to various studies, it has been found that mobile malware generally targets Android much more than iOS, so iOS is definitely more secure. However, you can remove malware from Android and iPhone, but it is obviously better not to get it in the first place.