A good gaming PC can definitely provide you with the best gaming experience with fast game loads and higher refresh rates. And particularly if you are a die-hard gamer who likes to play every high-quality modern game, then you must need a gaming PC.
According to the report of ExtremeTech, almost 48 percent of all gaming happens on PCs, with a whopping 3.1B gamers around the world across all platforms, consoles, and mobile devices. That is why a lot of gamers want to know how much does a gaming pc cost.
And before buying a gaming PC, you should also know the different features gaming PCs have and their benefits. Also, you should remember that you can always upgrade your PC later if you are on a tight budget initially.
In this article, we have shared how much does a gaming pc cost, so that you can understand how much you should spend for buying one. Also, here we have covered what features you need to look for in a gaming PC before buying one.
So, let’s get started.
What Are The Features You Should Look For While Choosing A Gaming PC
You can definitely invest in a high-end gaming PC, but before that, you should consider several features such as the CPU, GPU, RAM, monitor, and hard drive of that PC. Here we have discussed these features in detail.
- Central Processing Unit: A multi-core CPU has more processing cores than a single-core CPU and if you have extra cores on your CPU, it means that it can definitely handle more tasks at once. Because cores are the individual processing units in a CPU that actually read, interpret, and run the programs. The Core i5 can be perfect for you, however, the Core i7 can provide you with much better performance.
- Graphics Processing Unit: The graphics processing unit or GPU generally handles a game’s visuals and computing power. A powerful GPU can also help you with frame rates and overall gaming fluidity. Because of that, a mid-range graphics card will be enough for 1080p gameplay at 60 fps. But, for 4K footage at 120 fps, you must need a high-end GPU.
- RAM: A computer’s RAM is really important for any game because computers with more RAM are generally faster and more responsive. So, you would need a minimum of 8 GB to play games, however, 16 GB can be much better.
- Hard Drive: The performance of your hard drive can also impact how you play games on your PC. Because a fast SSD can definitely reduce game loading times and also increase your system responsiveness. And modern games generally take up between 20GB to 180GB of storage space on a hard drive.
How Much Does A Gaming PC Cost In 2023: Know The Price Before Buying
A good gaming PC generally costs between $500 and $4,000 in 2023. However, there are mainly two types of prebuilt gaming PCs generally available in the market and the cost might vary according to the type.
1. Original Equipment Manufacturers
Original Equipment Manufacturers, such as HP, Dell, Acer, and Lenovo, generally manufacture proprietary parts that they use to assemble a gaming PC. But, these components are not always universally compatible.
However, it actually makes their gaming PCs cheaper than System Integrator gaming PCs. Also, these gaming PCs might be difficult to upgrade.
2. System Integrator Gaming PC
System Integrator gaming PC is generally made by those companies which assemble standard PC components that PC builders usually use to create a gaming PC.
For example, they can take a graphics card and a motherboard from the best manufacturers.
And these PCs are generally best for those gamers who want to disassemble their gaming PCs to do some upgrades. Also, before you invest your hard-earned money to purchase a gaming PC, you should know the difference between these two types.
What Benefits You Would Get From A Gaming PC
Gaming PCs would give you a better upgrading and customizing experience by making it relatively simple. A gaming PC can also have much better graphics and frame rates than a regular PC.
And other than playing games, you could also do heavy-duty computing activities like video editing, graphics design, and 3D modeling with a gaming PC. So, if you have a gaming PC, you would get the following benefits.
- Flawless Gaming Experience: Some latest graphics cards and the high refresh rates of gaming PCs can provide you with an excellent and flawless gaming experience at 60 frames per second in 4K resolution.
- Excellent Performance: Gaming PCs generally come with a powerful Intel Core i5 or i7 quad-core processor that can efficiently run the latest and greatest games on your PC.
- High-Quality Visuals: If you have robust graphics cards in your gaming PC, it would give you extremely clear and fantastic visuals.
- Quick Loading Speed: The solid-state drives or SSDs in your gaming PC would provide you with faster game loading and can also eliminate lag even if you are playing the most demanding games.
Cheap Gaming PC Vs Expensive Gaming PC
If you currently have a low budget, then a cheap gaming PC or a lower-end machine can be a temporary solution to start gaming on your PC.
These PCs generally come in the price range of $400 to $800 USD. Also, cheap gaming PCs can be upgraded at any time and most mid and low-range components are compatible.
And these parts are also easier to replace if somehow they get damaged. However, these gaming PCs most probably could not run graphics-intensive games at high settings and they also might not run some of the latest games.
So, if you are looking for the best quality and expensive gaming PCs, then the prices can vary between $1500 to $2000 USD.
And these gaming PCs are capable of and reliable for streaming and can easily run the most demanding games. They also provide higher frame rates for smoother gaming.
However, not all high-end parts of these PCs are compatible with older parts and systems and more powerful features would also require better cooling systems.
What Amount You Should Spend For Your First Gaming PC
There are a lot of options available in the market that you can explore before making decisions about which gaming PC to purchase.
The type of gaming PC that you should go for mainly depends on the type of games that you want to have on your gaming PC.
That is why you can choose either a cheap gaming PC under $700, a middle-range under $1,100, or a high-end $1,500 plus gaming PC. And you can decide that in the best way by just considering what you need.
Because you must have your first gaming PC customized for your needs to get the best value for your money so that it can satisfy your needs and you can enjoy a maximum return for your money.
How Much Does It Cost To Build A Gaming PC
It is generally much cheaper to build a gaming PC. However, it is true that the cost of building a gaming PC has increased recently because now components for gaming computers have become more expensive.
But, you can still purchase second-hand parts or components, which are definitely cheaper.
Also, you can save money by only spending on those parts that matter to you. When you are assembling a gaming PC, there is a wide range of possible expenditures.
For a low-cost gaming PC, the price might vary between $500 and $1,000. Also, the price can reach $2000 and beyond, depending on the components you use. You can also look for the most suitable deals while purchasing components.
Follow These Steps To Build A Gaming PC
A lot of people are actually interested in building their own gaming PCs. And if you want to build your own gaming PC on a low budget, you can buy pre-owned parts instead of fresh ones from the store.
Also, you can always check multiple sites like Amazon and eBay for competitive prices. And you should check the warranties while buying new parts and keep their documentation safe.
However, while buying pre-owned parts, you should remember that their lifespan may be slightly reduced from a brand-new part.
And the decision of what you want to build or which parts you should buy is completely up to you, your interests, and your budget.
So, when you have collected all your parts, you can check any great resources online to learn how to assemble your PC.
However, you need to be extremely careful, as a lot of these parts are delicate. So, if you have a friend who is at least somewhat familiar with these things, we would recommend you to ask for help.
3 Best Efficient And Affordable Gaming PC Available On Amazon
Here we have shared the 3 most efficient and affordable gaming PC that you can purchase according to your requirement.
1. HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop With 16GB RAM
This HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop features the latest 10th Gen Intel Core i5-10400F Processor and 16GB high-bandwidth DDR4 memory.
It is perfect for advanced multitasking, demanding computing, smooth gaming, and multiple tabs browsing. And this desktop is perfectly optimized for efficiency.
- You would get lots of USB ports
- A keyboard and mouse are also included.
- It provides a smooth gaming experience.
- Only one USB-C port is available.
[amazon box=”B0BGRQ44LW” title=””]
2. Dell G5 Gaming Desktop With 512GB SSD Storage And 8GB RAM
The Dell G5 gaming desktop is one of the best cheap gaming PC for work and play and it is perfect for light gaming. It can also be used for streaming and basic video editing. And it is perfect for light to moderate PC gamers that don’t mind turning settings down to achieve the best performance.
- It is a good fit for light 1080p gaming.
- It possesses powerful performance and quick responsiveness.
- You can do intensive multitasking with it.
- Its appearance won’t appeal to all.
[amazon box=”B07TJR8SG8″ title=””]
3. Lenovo Legion Tower 5 Gaming Desktop
Lenovo Legion Tower 5 gaming desktop is perfect for comfortably smooth 1080p gaming and it also includes both a solid-state drive and a hard drive. In some cases, its 8GB of memory can be insufficient, but it can be easily upgraded later.
- You would get a stylish case with customizable lighting.
- Provides a smooth gaming experience.
- It includes both a solid-state drive and a hard drive.
- 8GB of RAM can be inadequate.
[amazon box=”B08FK5W8S6″ title=””]
Wrap Up On How Much Does A Gaming PC Cost
PC gaming is a hobby and also a leisure activity. The benefits of investing in a gaming PC generally outweigh the costs in the long run. Also, you should remember that a PC is upgradeable.
And a gaming PC can also run all the same software and perform the same work tasks as a regular PC.
However, the increased graphics and processing capabilities of gaming PCs can definitely make multi-tasking or running multiple programs at the same time much easier compared to regular desktop PCs.
We hope that our informative article has helped you to find out how much does a gaming PC cost. If you still have any related questions about this topic, please let us know in the comments below.
FAQ: How Much Does A Gaming PC Cost
When it comes to how much one should spend on a gaming PC, there is no easy answer or universal answer to this question. That is why people have many related questions and here we have answered some of them.
Q1. Is It Better To Build A PC Or Buy One?
Ans: Actually, building a PC can save you money in the long run, as you will most probably not need to replace or repair components as often as with a pre-built. Also, when a component fails inside a PC you built, you can easily identify it because you are more familiar with each part.
Q2. How Much GB Is Enough For A Gaming PC?
Ans: 16GB is the recommended amount of RAM for playing most games on a PC and it will provide a noticeable increase in performance from 8GB. You can also run applications in the background without affecting gameplay.
Q3. Are There Any Real Benefits To Gaming?
Ans: The benefits of video games include improved powers of concentration, creativity, memory, and also teamwork. In some cases, video games can make it easier to learn educational content.