PayPal is one of the best way used in the USA to pay daily on retail stores or for any small or large transactions but there are limitations with deposit and withdrawal of Money and that you can lift off by learning how to Verify PayPal Account.
Advantage of a verified account is your all transactions will be free from any restrictions which were earlier placed on the unverified account.
Well, the status of verified PayPal account, you can get by providing the Bank or Credit/Debit card details, will learn all details later in this guide.
Importance of Verify PayPal Account
Before explaining the steps on how to Verify PayPal account, let me clarify a few of the most asked questions, so advice to go through all of them first.
What if You Won’t Verify PayPal Account?
It won’t restrict you to use PayPal services but your limit to send or receive funds to a bank account will be limited.
This limit of withdrawal will be varied based on country to country check the policy first about the unverified account.
How long Does it take to Verify your PayPal Account?
Verification of the account may take up to 2-3 business days but in some cases, you may get the confirmation email in 24 hours, if got delayed connect with the support team.
Usually, Bank Verification happens in few minutes and Card Verification may take more than 2-3 days.
Why Does PayPal Account have a limit?
Initially, Paypal Allowing to use their services up to a certain limit, which is restricted up to a certain limit.
But if you want to process a higher limit then in order to create trust it asks for the verified account which ensures legit activities.
Do You Need Business Account?
Well, the Business account is for the companies not for the individuals, so if you want to use PayPal for business transactions then do verify your account with the Business account.
Advantage of Verified account?
It won’t increase limit only but will set up an online process of instant payment, where you won’t need to add balance to PayPal wallet.
You can directly complete transactions any time in a single click.
Now let me tell you how verification of account with PayPal works?
How to Verify PayPal Account
I hope you got the reason why you would need to verify PayPal account but let me highlight you the easy steps on verifying account.
Verification of a PayPal account can be done in two ways.
- Providing Bank Account Details.
- Providing Debit/Credit Card Details.
We will focus on both steps one by one using Bank and Card verification. For quick approval, I suggest using Bank Verification instead of Card verification.
Because Bank verification will be instant as compared to card verification and that is how we will discuss later in this guide.
Bank Account Verification
- Check the official PayPal link before signup to get verified to ensure you are using the right PayPal official dashboard.
- On Dashboard, go the Wallet/Payment Method to get options to add Bank Account or Credit/Debit Card.
- Click to “Link Bank Account” and a new window will pop up to provide the bank account details.
- In Above Entry Provide the essential bank account details, the options will vary as in the UK it will ask for Sort code and bank account number and in India IFSC and Bank account, etc.
- Providing the details click to Agree and Add, will navigate to a new window where it will ask for confirmation of Bank account.
- Click to Submit button and will auto trigger a payment of around 0.01$ to your registered bank account with a reference code.
- Log in with your bank account and get that reference code and enter same code here with PayPal verification window.
- After successful entry and validation of Reference code, an email will be triggered as your Bank account has been linked and your limit of send and receive has been lifted.
- Same time a window will popup with PayPal as your Bank Account has been successfully verified.
Credit/Debit Card Verification
- Do sign in with the same official PayPal Link.
- Go To Wallet and Click to Add a Credit or Debit Card.
- A window will pop up to provide the card number, type of cards, expiry date, security code, and billing address.
- After Clicking Add Card will get a message to click ok and Submit will ensure your Card has been added with PayPal with the restricted limit to use.
- Now to Verify your Card or lift the limit Click to Verify Card, which may cost you around 1$ (Local Currency) but in 24 hours, you will be credited back with 1$.
- Within a 2-3 Business Days, you will get a deduction of 1$/1£ amount in your bank account along with verification code.
- Get that Code and put entry with Card verification window of PayPal and in meantime, you will see the page that your PayPal account is verified and the limit is lifted.
Well, Verification with Bank or Credit/Debit card may vary from country to country, so do follow the instruction display in PayPal verification window.
Your Verified account is now up and running and ready to send and receive with no limit of amount.
Change the Primary Payment Method with PayPal
While you have set two payment method with PayPal account, as in our case we have verified the account with below listed two methods.
- Bank Account
- Credit/Debit Cards
A single PayPal account can be linked with multiple cards and multiple bank accounts which require to set one as a primary Payment method.
To set any as preferred way to pay online, click to the added Funding sources as in our case I am choosing Bank Account.
Go to Wallet–>Click to Funding Sources will display all linked cards and banks account.
Click to Bank Account, will display an option at the bottom to Chose a Preferred way to pay online.
Click to Set as Preferred and in a second it will be marked as default and primary payment option, you can verify this with a green Right Sign.
Anytime, if you want to change this, can click to Change and it will prompt with all the available options.
You can choose with one and hit confirm will make that as the default payment method.
Conclusion on PayPal Verification
A verified account with PayPal will increase the limit associated with your account and will ensure high payment transactions anytime in need.
Especially in the USA for most of the cases, we have seen that many merchants default supporting PayPal.
PayPal is one of the most secure wallets, which not only supports the local currency but also allow to pay in other international payments.
You can secure wallet using 2FA security and in some cases while facing the issue with Bank transactions than you can use PayPal as your temporary bank by depositing amount in PayPal Wallet.
Verification of account will ensure that you are the trustworthy dealer and eligible to process any amount of transactions in or out from the PayPal.