Sonic Origins has been upgraded, so you now have Sonic Origins Plus. This new bundle of retro games is set to satisfy you. True, there are many mixed reviews, which could have led you to believe that Sonic Origins is good enough for you.
But then, you are here because you are curious to know what’s in the latest upgrade, so this article is for you.
According to Streams Charts, Sonic Origins Plus peaked at 2,440 viewers and 64 peak channels on Twitch in June 2023. This reveals some interesting data regarding the game’s popularity.
Read on to know what you will miss and what you won’t.
What’s Inside The Sonic Origins Plus Bundle?
There is Sonic Origins, Sonic the Hedgehog, and then you have both Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 and knuckles. You also have a Sonic, with all the remastered visuals to give you a better gameplay experience.
There are bonus characters, more significant challenges, newer modes, and more content to provide you with an improved version of the game.
Basically, it’s like buying a classic car and giving it a total makeover, shiny new paint job, updated engine, modern upholstery, and audio system, but still keeping it true to its original spirit.
Besides this, you also have the previous content that includes 12 Sonic game gear titles. Finally, for the first time, you have Amy Rose, who is playing with you.
Enhanced Gaming Features
One would only want to consider the game with a look at its features. That said, here is a look at some of the features of this version of the game.
1. Remastered Versions: In other words, this game feels much newer than the previous version, with a different feel. There are more twists and better animations to keep you hooked, as it adds to the game’s overall personality.
2. New Features: You will now be going on extreme missions as you find your way through mazes and mini-stages with a time limit that can send you flying and enjoying yourself. That is, you must have many more skills this time.
3. Added Extras: You now have more secrets and shortcuts to explore and more significant hazards. Let’s remember all the new artwork you will come across here.
4. New Playable Characters: Sonic’s pink hedgehog girlfriend introduces you to much more fun in Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic 3, Knuckles, and Sonic CD. And she’s fun. We’re talking about Amy Rose.
5. Game Gear Titles: As seen above, you now have an exciting collection of 12 game gear games. This is the main selling point of this newer version, getting you to relive adventures and rise to more unique levels as you play.
These are some of the features that we hope got you convinced, and if not, the table below will help you get a clearer picture.
Sonic Origins vs. Sonic Origins Plus: Which Is Better?
Which one should you choose? While that should be up to you, read on for a brief comparison.
Sonic Origins could be more precise, especially for someone getting a first glance. For instance, Sonic Origins Plus offers a larger variety of levels, multiple character customization options, and a unique storyline.
Play the Sonic Origin Plus, and you will see a better experience with animations and visuals meant to immerse you in the game.
What’s nice about Sonic Origins is that it is based on a brand new story, which all series fans loved. It also offers an interesting twist to the original game by introducing new enemies and a larger world to explore.
On the other hand, Sonic Origin Plus comes with much more content, taking the player through many more twists as he progresses in the game. If you like secrets and shortcuts, you’ll love the new, improved version of the game.
Sonic Origins is a game of collected adventures. But the Sonic Origins Plus is more than just a couple of games; now you have 12 games. Well, you have seen enough of this.
It’s like taking a candy store from a few shelves of treats to an endless aisle of delicious delights. There’s something for everyone and more than enough to satisfy a sweet tooth.
Sonic Origin does not bring Amy into the picture. You see her a bit; you like her and forget her. In Sonic Origins Plus, you get to play with her. She is one character who is in full swing, and you are sure to enjoy the energy in her.
From all this, you can easily say that Sonic Origins Plus, designed to be an improved version, comes out as the better of the two, though overrated, thus
leading to some disappointed players being left frustrated.
Pros & Cons Of Sonic Origins Plus
Here is a table giving you the pros and cons of the Sonic Origins Plus. Go ahead and have a look.
|Fast-paced and fun mission mode||Amy can be overrated|
|Colorful visuals||Audio needs improvement|
|Nostalgic with retro sonic games||Game gear games could be better|
|Newer features to enhance the gaming experience|
Overall, if you are a fan of Sonic Origin, this new, improved version is still worth a try. Buy it, and who knows, you may like it. Leave a review of what you don’t like and what could be improved.
Why It’s Worth The Investment?
Should you spend your precious many bucks on it? Is there anything that you can get out of it? Here is your answer to the latter.
- Gameplay Collection: This is a multigame collection where you enjoy twelve titles in one for a complete compilation that the collector in you will love. In other words, an improved version is designed to leave you spoilt for choice.
- Nostalgia Factor: The Sonic CD especially comes with some memorable moments in the series, adding a nostalgic factor that can get you all emotional as you play the game.
- Enhanced Graphics: Visually, we assure you that you will have fun this time as you come across more colorful stages. The animations here are far better than the previous versions, making the challenges feel more natural.
- Play Modes: Action, speed, secrets, and mysteries. These are some of the things that you will get, not to forget, the different play modes, which means you can only go on to explore more and, in short, enjoy every step.
- Price Point: A buyer here will be paying somewhere around $40. Included in this are both the base game and the plus features. So, the extra bucks that you pay are worth it. The price is reasonable.
- Future Updates: The Sonic Origin Plus was something everyone was waiting for, and it is finally here, making it worth a try. And if you were a bit disappointed, could another version be improved soon?
- Share with Friends: Sonic’s Origin Plus is more enjoyable than its older version when you bring home your bunch of friends. After all, this is a multiplayer game, an improved performance at that, keeping you and your buddies in mind.
And the above are some reasons why the Sonic Origin Plus could be worth your money. You should invest.
Where To Buy Sonic Origins Plus?
You can buy the game on Amazon. This is one of the best and most reliable platforms to buy the game.
Of course, there are other places, too, like gaming websites, that are reliable and sell the game. Ultimately, the game is readily available online, and you don’t have to struggle to get your hands on it.
Just make sure you are approaching all the reliable sites, and consider the many scams that happen these days, since you later wouldn’t want to find that you have been cheated.
What To Expect When Playing The Games Within The Bundle?
Despite all the mixed reviews you have come across till now, you can expect a big difference from the simpler Sonic Origin. Expect a lot of twists that will keep you hooked and stunning graphics that will immerse you in the game.
Also, expect a bit of disappointment, knowing that they did their best to impress you, and finally, don’t have any expectations from Amy. Just go with the flow and see what she has for you.
The bottom line is that Sonic Origins Plus is an excellent game bundle that offers plenty of entertainment value for your money. It has improved visuals and performance and features multiplayer gameplay that you can enjoy with your friends.
With several options available for buying the game, you can easily get your hands on it online. However, you should make sure to only purchase from reliable sources to avoid scams.
Community Reviews & Reactions
You can expect a lot of mixed reactions from the Sonic Origins Plus.
While the announcement of this new version was met with a lot of excitement and high expectations, it is only natural that not all of them were met, which brought about many disappointed individuals.
There are raves and rants and complaints about the game gear being dreadful and the sound quality awful, but you will be more forgiving., won’t you?
Wrap Up On
Whether to go for the Sonic Origin Plus or be happy with the version you already have is something other than what we can decide for you.
Whether to buy or not to buy is up to you. Whether this investment is worthwhile depends on your requirement (and budget).
What we instead did in this article was to make a little attempt to put forth its pros and cons before you. And we hope it helped you.
FAQ: Sonic Origins Plus
Now that you are done reading this article wait to go. Let’s end by having a look at a few FAQs.
Q1. What does Sonic Origins Plus include?
Ans: The pack includes a Premium fun pack and the classic music pack, which counts for a lot, providing many additional features for you.
Q2. When does Sonic Origins Plus come out?
Ans: The good news is that the game has already come out. It came out on the 23rd of June and is readily available on Amazon, where you can purchase one for yourself.
Q3. Is Sonic Origins Plus worth it?
Ans: It’s like this. If you are a fan of the Sonic series, the game has some additional features and things that make it worth it. If not, you could stay content with your previous version, as buying a new one may not be worth it.