Facebook is one of the biggest social media app currently having worldwide 2 Billion active users and the best source for digital marketing or customer interactions for your products and services by sending private messages.
So are you curious to know How to Send a Private Message on Facebook?
Many small and big scale companies are using Facebook fan pages or groups or personal pages to groom their business and to get this to a new height.
Well, even I own one Facebook page for the digital marketer who is willing to learn blogging.
As an owner of the business, you can request people to join your page and that audience you can later use for marketing purposes by connecting them personally.
Like Google Ad campaign, Facebook marketing is among the top most popular choice to increase the conversation rate of the sales, you know how can you double this?
That is by simply connecting your user or customers in person and it is obvious that you won’t have that many sources to connect with them but yes the Facebook message will always there.
This guide is to highlight all the possible ways on how to send a private message on Facebook to your friends or family or your business customers for free.
These days, it is recommended for every individual small business users to have a Facebook Page which must follow some basic standard which attracts the customers and explain your business itself.
If you are looking to open a Facebook Busines page here is all you must-have to follow.
Now coming to the way on how you can send a private message on Facebook and later will also discuss the other helpful tips which can really help for future communication.
How to Send a Private Message on Facebook
Sending a private message can be done in many ways and it varies for both mobile and Desktop users as Facebook Won’t allow sending any message using a Facebook mobile app.
For the same reason, you must have a Facebook messenger that works best like your WhatsApp messenger and you can send the private message immediately.
But if you are running a business and willing to have a 40+ set of tools to drive complete business including autoresponder of Facebook messenger then I strongly recommend have a look for Builderall and it is worth investing in builderall.
Let me drilled down the steps required to send a Private message using Facebook WebApp or on your desktop.
Send Private Message on Desktop Facebook Profile
There are various ways to do so with an existing friend or maybe the one who is not already in your friend list.
- First Login to Facebook Profile using the credentials.
- If you are already a friend of one whom you want to send the message then go the friend list of yours by navigating Home –> Friends and here clicks to Friends.
- After Clicking Friends you will have all list of Friends and you need to search for the one to whom you want to send the message.
- Click to The person Name Profile and you will be navigated to your friend personal profile home page.
- There will be an icon of Message at Top Right User profile section as like displayed below so just click to that.
- Click to The message Icon and you will be prompted to the personal Chat Window on your Facebook web Desktop screen.
- Here the Hidden content is the name of your Friend and simply in this chatting window, you can type and start a private conversation with your friend.
- It allows sending images, Emojis, files in attachment, and thumbs up for like a short message.
Isn’t it simple?
Above was the case to send private messages to friends in a friend list but what if that person is not part of your friend list then there is another way to go for.
- Go to your home page and click to search box as it will be on your Facebook top left corner edit box.
- Provide the name of the person whom you want to contact, let say I typed “Sachin Tendulkar” and click to search button or enter on the keyboard.
- It will display all list of pages, posts, groups or contact which has any link with the word “Sachin Tendulkar”.
- You are willing the list of people, so click to People and find the profile name instead of pages and click to the friend name and same like earlier new window will pop up for the friend profile.
- Like seen below on his profile click to message and drop him private message, simple and easy.
Note – Facebook can have multiple Fake profiles so make sure you are communicating with the right person else maybe you will be messed while communicating with the wrong person or maybe a fraud.
Above sample profile I have taken is just for the educational purpose only it is not real but still exist in Facebook.
It seems like you got an idea of how to send a private message on Facebook if you are using the Desktop or accessing Facebook using web applications.
Send Private Message on Mobile Facebook Profile
Sending a message using the Mobile app is not like using Facebook on the desktop web application.
To do so the prerequisite is to be installed a Facebook Messanger App on your mobile.
- Install the Facebook mobile app and do sign in using the same credentials.
- Find the number of friends in your friend list by navigating to Three Horizontal lines on the top right corner –> Click to view profile –> It will get you your home page.
- Scroll down and click to Friends which will open all list of friends.
- Simply search with Friend name and click to the Friend profile name and it will navigate to friend profile home page.
- Below your friend Profile photo, there will be an option for “Message” just click to that it will auto navigate to Facebook messenger.
- If the Facebook Messenger is not installed, it will ask you to install that first and then in messenger, you will have the same chatting window as in WhatsApp or desktop Facebook.
- There you can add the pictures, send audio messages, emojis or thumbs up symbol as part of communication.
Send message in Group Chat on Facebook
Group chat is the way where multiple people can connect at a commonplace and discuss their thoughts ideas or suggestions.
This is a kind of private chat only but where multiple people participated in a commonplace.
Let say for common business or discussion purpose you need more than 2 people to come and share their ideas at the common ground than a Facebook personal message on Group chat is the best option.
Open a first private chat between two people you can add others friends and for that simply in opened chat window you can click to Setting–> Create Group
- Open the chat window with at least one person.
- Click to the Setting icon on the top right corner.
- Chose option Create Group and a search bar open to adding people.
- Search for friend name and click done
Messages sent in the group chat will remain private among the group people and won’t be visible to anyone else.
Sending Private Message on Facebook
Facebook is among the most popular social media and at any time you can send messages to any user free of cost.
But there are a number of fake or duplicate accounts of the user as Facebook won’t do any KYC and that cause people are making multiple accounts for different reasons.
Opening a personal chat window is the only way to Send a private message from Facebook and in the same window if you want can add multiple people as a group chat.
For mobile users make sure to install Facebook messenger as it is the need to send the message and in desktop no special requirement.
Try the above method and let us know your experiences how’s your chatting going on.